12 STEP PROGRAM TO WEDDING PLANNING
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE ENGAGED
I know how happy you are! Your friends and family are so excited and are looking forward to
THE BIG DAY. SO, why are you freaking out?
Follow these steps to panic free (reduced) wedding planning:
1) BREATHE DEEPLY, enjoy the moment, accept the congratulations &
write down the most important 3 dreams of your ideal wedding day
2) SHARE & COMPROMISE these 3 ideas with your partner.
3) CREATE A VISION BOARD, use a physical board or get involved with PINTEREST
4) TALK BUDGET Once you know the top 3 ideas you must have, you can put a number on it
5) RESEARCH the costs online,thru local venues, wedding planners and Bridal Shows
6) CREATE A PLAN using a spreadsheet, write down EVERY ITEM you will need to budget for, venues, caterer, flowers, gown, photography, transportation, entertainment, cake, invitations, reception & ceremony supplies, and MISCELLANEOUS! plan on 10-20% for miscellaneous to give you some breathing room for unexpected expenditures
7) BREATHE DEEPLY you have a plan! This is a huge step in moving forward with less stress
8) WEDDING PLANNER? if you are hiring one, make an appointment and take your PLAN and BUDGET with you. If YOU ARE THE PLANNER, start booking appointments for venues (ceremony & reception) and caterers
9) TWEAK YOUR NUMBERS on your plan and budget
10) REVIEW & ADJUST your plan with the important people involved in your day.
11) ATTEND A BRIDAL SHOW. BOOK SOME APPOINTMENTS
12) CONGRATULATE YOURSELF!
you just completed the most difficult part of planning your wedding! Now have some fun!
Gather your friends and go try on some wedding gowns!